Associate Professor Quirk from the Australian Catholic University addressed the Religious Freedom in an Age of Equality Conference in Melbourne in September 2016:
The widespread killings by the group known as Daesh (ISIS) has been reported and now partially documented. This killing has not been indiscriminate, with certain religious groups targeted for annihilation in toto. According to U.S. Secretary of State, John Kerry, “Daesh is responsible for genocide against groups in areas under its control, including Yezidis, Christians, and Shia Muslims.”
This presentation will discuss recent declarations of genocide by the EU Parliament, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, the US Department of State, the US Congress, and the UK Parliament. Australia’s notable silence will also be considered.
You can listen to the talk here.
- Rev. Dr. Mike Ovey’s address at the Freedom16 Conference dinner 12 August 2016
- Freedom for Faith Submission to the Select Committee on the Exposure Draft of the Marriage Amendment
- Can we talk publicly about Same Sex Marriage
- Discrimination Law, Inherent Requirements and Values Integrity in voluntary associations
- Australia at the crossroads – how do we choose the right path?