Freedom22 – National Conference 2022
Religious Freedom in Australia has reached a crisis point.
The promised protections in the Federal Religious Discrimination Bill have been put on hold, and new State laws have removed several religious freedom rights from faith communities.
These new issues include unprecedented intrusions into prayer, unsympathetic treatment of conscience exemptions, reduced employment rights for religious schools, and a troubling surge in discrimination cases against Jewish, Muslim and other minority faith groups.
Will there be room for authentic expression of faith in Australia’s future?
Register for the Freedom22 National Conference on May 3 at Parramatta’s Park Royal Hotel to hear our distinguished speakers explain the content and consequences of these laws, as well as how we arrived at this cultural moment.
The Freedom22 speakers are:
- Mark Sneddon – Executive Director of the Institute for Civil Society
- Dr Sarah Irving-Stonebraker – Senior Lecturer in Modern European History, Humanities (Arts) at Western Sydney University
- John Steenhof – Principal Lawyer at the Human Rights Law Alliance
- Stephen McAlpine – Author and Pastor
- Mark Spencer – Director of Public Policy for Christian Schools Australia
- Patricia Weerakoon – Sexologist, Author and Speaker
May 3, 2022 - May 3, 2022
8:30am - 4:00pm