Sophie York is the National spokeswoman for Marriage Alliance, an independent organisation which advocates the right of all Australians to freely support the legal definition of marriage in Australia remaining exclusively between one man and one woman (known socially and culturally as "husband and wife").
This organisation considers that such marriage has served Australian families, society and culture well. It also considers that whenever major societal structural change is contemplated, the rights and freedoms of all possibly affected by the change, must be acknowledged and protected.
In her address at the Freedom for Faith Conference, Sophie examines a few case studies from overseas to offer an understanding of experiences in other countries where same-sex marriage has been legalised, with a view to exploring lessons we can learn from them.
- Mr Christopher Brohier: Not Even in America! Fighting for Religious Freedom in Australia
- Sen. David Fawcett: Article 18 – The inconvenient right
- Rt Rev Dr Stead: Secular Australia? Implications for Freedom of Religion
- Assoc. Prof. Foster: Protecting Religious Freedom in Australia Through Legislative Balancing Clauses
- Prof. Patrick Parkinson: Why all political parties ought to care about religious freedom